- select and copy the code from my blog.
- from a tos chart click studies/edit studies
- if installing a strategy then click the strategies tab otherwise click the studies tab.
- Select new from lower left corner of the edit studies dialogue.
- delete or overpaste the first line of code that reads, "plot Data = close;"
- paste the new code in to the code box.
- replace the automatically generated new study name with something more meaningful.
- click ok and the study should be added to your chart automatically.
strategies call the addorder function to create a simulated trade. other than addorder, there is very little difference between a study and a strategy but thinkorswim insists on keeping them separated in a different tab on the edit studies and strategies dialogue.
alternatively, you don't have to hassle with copying and pasting the source code. throw me a bone($10) and i will email you the import files for all of my studies, plus a bonus study or two: